Happy Halloweekend, y’all! Pictured above is Toddler YHT is dressed as your classic tiger-panda-fairy hybrid. Can’t wait for trick or treating. Until then…
- Enjoying the First Listen of this new Jim James album. Very moody. Also planning to check out the new Lambchop.
- I recommend in the strongest terms reading this Bitter Southerner tribute to John Prine. Warming of the heart is guaranteed.
- I enjoyed this interview/walkabout with Georgie, the singer who’s poised to become Spacebomb’s next success story. It’s a quick video, but it’s a great way to get to know her a little better after checking out “Company Of Thieves.”
- Dunno if you saw this EggHunt IG post, but I’m very, very intrigued by this “Hatched” teaser…
- I’m about halfway through Chuck Klosterman’s most recent jam, But What If We’re Wrong? Very fun. The current chapter is somehow about both the significance of dreams and the possibility that a sizable chunk of the Dark Ages didn’t actually happen. Like I said… fun stuff.
- No shows for me this weekend. Too focused on candy. Hope y’all get to head out and see some live music — as always, RVA Must-See Shows has done a great job of surveying the possibilities.
I’m off to have a semi-serious conversation with Mrs.YHT about whether we should do the Jimmy Kimmel thing where you pretend you ate all your kid’s candy and videotape the reaction. I’m not that mean… am I?